Friday, April 10, 2009

The nesting

Fig.Rufous tailed Finchlark with nest feeding the chicks


I usually go to the riverbed for bird watching.I followed this bird for seven days to locate it's nest.In the photograph above you can see how she has built the nest.It is under a big rock and under the base of a grass tuft.It is very difficult to locate it's nest.For taking this photo again I struggled a bit.As the bird is very shy going near to nest was not easy.So I used a shutter release and took this shot from a distance of around 20ft (I have only a 200 mm lens and Nikon F3 camera at that time).Though not a good shot the bird's behavior can easily be studied.The nest is built by the female only using pebbles and finally with soft materials.It is a great experience to watch the egg hatch, the chicks to grow and finally leaving the nest.This is the wonder of nature.I love watching this for hours and days.They are born to be free and fly in the sky at their own will.

No comments: